PE & Sports Premium Funding
Do you receive a PE & sports premium in your school? Spend it with us and create a fun, challenging play space for your students.
Since the advent of TV, computers & other screen devices, children have been glued to these as opposed to being physically active. Getting children active is quite a priority these days as this can prevent many illnesses in the future. These illnesses can be caused by lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns, or a combination of these factors. To combat this, schools have been given sports funding as an incentive for children to become more active and to build core body strength which our playground equipment is designed to do.
A lack of activity is associated with poor academic performance and a lower quality of life. It can cause excessive weight in children, which can cause children to discriminate between each other and result in poor self-esteem. These problems then continue into adulthood.
So at last it has been recognised that preventative action is much needed as these are the kind of conditions that need to be deterred from developing in people in the future as a result of a lack Physical activity:-
Physical Activity can help prevent these illnesses:-
- Heart Disease and Stroke. …
- High Blood Pressure. …
- Noninsulin-Dependent Diabetes. …
- Back Pain….
- Self Esteem and Stress Management….
Using your premium
According to the government recommendation and guidance on the PE & Sports Premium you can use your funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
This means that you should use the PE & sports premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
This clearly states that by putting an activity in place into your play area whether that is related to Sport or Playground Equipment is compliant with the Government Funding. We have many activity Playgrounds on our Website and we definitely recommend the Climbers that we have or why not the Trim Trails / Adventure Trails.
The government doubled the value of the primary PE & sports premium to £320 million which took place from September 2017 by using some of the funds from the new tax that is placed on sugary drinks which will be applied in April 2018 to producers and importers of soft drinks. Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 plus an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
If you are interested in putting in a superb activity based Playground, then please call us on 01347 878747 for a free Design & quotation. So we can all do our bit in keeping our children healthy & happy.