7 Steps to Ordering your Playgrounds
1. Designate your play area space – One of the first steps is to designate an area of land that you require for your childrens’ playground equipment to be placed ie.
- Is it well drained or is it water logged and look for man holes & covers for drains.
- Are there any trees that can be a good shade or valuable resource for natural shade.
- Is there a fire access, as we cannot build on this access.
- Pick an area with good sunlight and drainage if trying to grow vegetation.
- Use natural boundaries for zoning one could be creative and natural and the other could be for equipment or sports pitches.
2. Seek funding ie grants, Lottery or fundraising.
Sources of funding can come from different avenues. These may be from Funding Organisations such as Lottery or fundraising within your school (see our Funding page on the website)
Playgrounds can be built in phases, so bear this in mind.
3. Weigh up your needs ie do we need a playground for Key Stage 1 or 2 children.
Key Stage 1 – are you looking for:-
- Equipment to explore the natural world or
- Trail systems to help with fitness, balance, co-ordination etc.
- Outdoor curriculum ie water play, role play, den making, story Telling areas.
Key stage 2 – are you looking for:-
- Fitness or climbing equipment
- Outdoor learning environments
- Social areas
- Learning with gardens & pond life.
Will we need access or equipment for SEN children.
4. Choose your Equipment
Once you have identified your needs, choosing your equipment can be made easy. Especially if you ask one of our Playground Consultants to do a free site visit. He will measure the space where you require the playground equipment and listen to your needs. He will also give you any additional advice on the type of equipment that would be ideal for your needs together with advice on Surfacing. He will pass these details onto our design team who will either design you a new bespoke playground or give you a design of your play area complete with our inspiring playground products.
5. Select your Surfacing
What type of surfacing would be ideal for underneath your equipment? Our playground consultant will give you idea of the best type of surfacing for your play area within your budget.
- Rubber Mulch Safety Surface – This is a cost effective bonded rubber safety surface and it looks just like bark chippings but without the
inconvenience of a loose surface because it is bonded together.
- Wet Pour – can consist of one colour or many. Themes such as puddles or animals etc., can be placed in the wet pour; making it interesting and fun.
- Eco Safety Matting – ideal for keeping the natural grass healthy on a
highly populated area.
- Bark Chippings – a traditional natural safety surface.
Artificial Grass – bringing colour and a natural look into a play area.
Fencing is often needed to place boundaries between two areas such as Foundation and Key Stage 1 & 2 or to encompass a boundary. There are different types of fencing to complement your needs:
- Bow Top Fencing
- Birds Mouth Fencing
- Circular Timber border
- Timber Pailing Fence
- Fence of Pencils
7. Building, Delivery and Installation
Your order can usually take 4 to 6 weeks from build to delivery. We employ highly skilled craftsmen with a wealth of knowledge and skills at their disposal. All items of equipment are hand built in the factory, where they are ruthlessly safety and quality checked. This ensures smooth installation whilst our teams are on site.
Our Site Teams travel nationwide to provide you with a professional service. All our staff are CRB checked, and will work efficiently to ensure minimal disruption to you, or the people using the play space.
We have a 10 year guarantee on all of our pieces of equipment,
so our customers know that they can enjoy their play space for years to come with peace of mind.